Lindsay is a 29-year-old arts journalist, writing about theater, dance, visual art, opera and classical music in Madison, Wisc. She is married to a pianist and they have two enormous cats, Miles and Laurence. Lindsay does not feed them scraps. They’re just naturally huge.
She loves theater (MA in Theatre in Drama, UW-Madison ’08) and reviews about three shows a week. She also loves to travel and indulges a cookbook addiction whenever her husband isn’t paying attention. She used to live in California, and still drinks a lot of wine.
Lindsay is a co-founder of WASTED: Wine tasters in Madison, an aspiring ethical omnivore (read: fakey vegetarian), a farmers’ market junkie and a tentative baker.
Things from her “101 Things in 1001 Days” blog that you are likely to see her attempt here:
13. Make cassoulet.
14. Learn to braid challah.
15. Become comfortable with Japanese ingredients/cuisine.
16. Have a cocktail party.
18. Make a berry-flavored vodka.
20. Make a recipe out of every single cookbook I own, including the weird ones.
21. Eat vegetarian for a week – twice (0/2).
22. Make sorbet.
33. Indulge in a scoop of gelato. (DONE!)
39. Organize a picnic-feast with friends.
44. Pick raspberries.
46. Boil a lobster.
47. Buy a really good, aged cut of beef and get a great bottle of wine with it.
54. Eat dinner by myself, in a decent restaurant, with a book.
57. Eat Ethiopian food.
58. Get comfortable cooking with tofu.
76. Take a cooking class (more than one session).
78. Make gnocchi.
79. Make a pie with a top crust.
80. Make and frost a cake for a celebration.
81. Make a perfect Bloody Mary.